Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

4 way full scale home system
4 way full scale home system
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th August 2018, 11:42 PM   #11
幸运飞艇开奖直播 Member

dbx 266xs for one...
Old 13th August 2018, 11:53 PM   #12
幸运飞艇开奖直播 Member

there's also the ART SCL2....
Old 14th August 2018, 12:01 AM   #13
幸运飞艇开奖直播 Member

many used BSS DPR 502's still out there....
Old 14th August 2018, 12:15 AM   #14
幸运飞艇开奖直播 Member

sorry i know the OP wants "dynamics" from his "loudspeakers" i just hate when people want "LIVE PERFORMANCE" dynamics from a compressed "recording".....

and as a long time concert sound engineer i can assure you that compression and dynamic range processing is in use at all modern concerts (except for the local punk/metal band show at the local "all ages" club)
Old 14th August 2018, 12:19 AM   #15
mlee is offline mlee  Canada
幸运飞艇开奖直播 Member

Maybe NEO8S or NEO8-PDR since your ribbon has restricted vertical dispersion? If crossing over the 10g40 to the scan 10f at or over the baffle step it is efficient enough. Good luck!
Old 14th August 2018, 01:26 PM   #16
幸运飞艇开奖直播 Member

Thank you all for replies!

Regarding the mid driver, the new 6RS140 looks like a very nice driver. Perhaps I will consider it even though I might need to extend my budget.

Still a question fremains what kind of enclosure type to use for 10g40, closed box or bass reflex? Any suggestions?

One more question, if I consider 10g40 together with mid and tweeter as a passively crossed system, expected sensitivity will be about 90-92db I believe. I have a PP tube amp about 20W and I wonder if it will be a sufficient option to run this top speakers at normal listening levels? For the 18" bass I have class D Hypex amps.

turk 182, I see your point and it may be worth trying. I am a musician myself, but I never considered using dynamic range processing for home stereo. Could be a bit tricky though with active biamped system.
Old 14th August 2018, 03:34 PM   #17
Juhazi is offline Juhazi  Finland
幸运飞艇开奖直播 Member

I guess that turk means that you should use an expander for playback.

Just think of how an electric guitar sounds unprocessed - it is always played smoothly and compressed in commercial recordings! This is one of the most live-like recordings that I know Live at Blues Alley - Wikipedia

Video with some extra compression for sure YouTube
Old 14th August 2018, 03:41 PM   #18
Juhazi is offline Juhazi  Finland
幸运飞艇开奖直播 Member

I guess that turk means that you should use an expander for playback

Just think of how a saxophone or an electric guitar sounds unprocessed - it is always played smoothly and compressed in commercial recordings!
Old 15th August 2018, 10:58 AM   #19
sun12 is offline sun12  Ukraine
幸运飞艇开奖直播 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonfazer View Post

Still a question fremains what kind of enclosure type to use for 10g40, closed box or bass reflex? Any suggestions?

About the design of 10g40 that's what write on the russian forum:

Adjust the bass reflex to a frequency of 75 Hz at -6 dB. The design of the closed box for that speaker is completely unacceptable. With the volume, everything is somewhat more complicated. In principle, it is quite small considering the caliber of the speakers. here the fact is that BEYMA 10G40 has undergone several upgrades. And the parameters for each of them are significantly different. Therefore, before counting it is necessary to measure the dynamics (it is not known with what parameters of the dynamics you find, you can not believe datasheet).

Here is a photo of another project where there is 10g40 in 3 way and Beyma 6Mi90 for midrange( or beyma 6G40 can be used)

http://www.animayayuda.com/562/attachment.p...9&d=1377278590

http://www.animayayuda.com/793/attachment.p...8&d=1377278541

all topic discussion and graphics:

???????????-??????? ?? Beyma - ???????? 12

4 way full scale home systemHide this!Advertise here!